Teachers using our Musical School primary music programme to explore England’s Model Music Curriculum (MMC) will find a new version of our English MMC Scheme under the Schemes tab, accessible via the dropdown menu and your Schemes homepage. The new-look MMC Scheme V2 will supersede our original MMC Scheme this September.
What’s changed and why?
We’ve refreshed our English MMC Scheme to better support your lesson planning and delivery, aid navigation and showcase the knowledge and skills your students will develop unit by unit.
The enhancements include:
- A new-look MMC Scheme grid to aid navigation around the Scheme. Individual Units of Work are accessible within each tile on the grid.
- New Musical Spotlights – the key musical aspect or concept developed in a unit – are integrated into each Unit of Work.
- New Unit Overviews summarise the musical learning for each unit.
- A Scheme Guide and Mapping document outline how the Scheme’s sequenced lessons and units align with the DfE’s MMC guidance.
- Key Learning, Outcomes, and ‘I Can’ Statements for students.
- A ‘Library of All Resources in this Unit’ in every unit allows you to use its contents more flexibly.
- Printable Lesson Plans and Unit Summary outlines to use flexibly.
CPD and training
As always, our specialist CPD & Training team is on hand to ensure you and your students get the most from the refreshed MMC Scheme. Details will be published in your CPD & Training Centre.
If you’re new to Charanga, start a 30-day complimentary trial to explore our platform in full. There’s no obligation to subscribe afterwards; we won’t take any payment details.